What to do...
1. Pelotonia is next weekend, so this weekend is some last chance fundraising opportunities (although riders have until October to raise their commitments). Test your endurence by running up the hill on Denison University's hill in Grandville for the Alpe de Denison Hillclimb Challenge... then have s few drinks at Moe's Original BBQ with a Homestead tap takeover or check out Three Tigers Brewing.
2. There are still a few tickets left to the Healthy Bites iteration of the Best Bites series hosted in Columbus Museum of Art. I can't wait to check out the new Picasso exhibit while lasting the best healthy food Columbus restaurants have to offer. Check out the list of who is participating here.
3. Keeping with the healthy theme, wake up Saturday and run a 5k with sweat local columbus. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler on Saturday, but if it too hot for a run, check out their expo indoors.
4. Wolf's Ridge is not just having a plain old bottle release party this weekend... they are going to have a real wolf on site during the bottle release! So get a number, then pet a real (trained) wolf... how often do you get the opportunity to do that?! Oh yeah, the release includes Coffee Vanilla infused Dire Wolf and Coconut infused Howling Moon.
5. What a drag... I mean, 100 drag queens are going to be at Axis Saturday night! Go party with Nina West and help raise money to send their team to the Gay Softball World Series and dance the night away.
6. Couldn't make it to the sweat local columbus 5k? How about Sunday morning... this 5k ends with a pretty sweet cool down... the Frosty 5k hosted by Wendy's. Kick it off from Huntington Park and end with a delicious frosty at the finish line. :)
7. Probably one of the weirdest things on my 'Columbus Bucket List' is seeing Greenlawn Cemetery. Seems totally strange until you think of all the architectural, botanicals, and memorials to people who made this city great are all right there. Columbus Landmarks Foundation is putting on a walking tour, which has to be the best way to get the most interesting factoids and history of Cbus.
Need more history? Head over to the Orange Johnson house in Worthington to hear about the role central Ohio played in the Civil War way back when.
Where to eat...
The Ohio State Fair starts tonight... and you know what that means... fried everything for dinner! Hope you're planning on fitting in some of those 5ks, because after eating at the fair... you'll need to fit in some cardio!
Where to drink...
It's the fifth Friday of the month and to celebrate Fri-YAY, the Daily Growler is throwing a $5 Fest where all pints are $5 all night long. Aloha Streatery food truck will be there too for some fab eats while you get your beer on.