Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Butternut Squash Corn Chowder - total time 1 hour


We don't normally eat sweet/savory meals... I used to, but my husband doesn't like sweet meals (just lots of sweet cookies), and my tastebuds have adapted.  Sweet potatoes are great for you, but I can't get over the thought of anything potatoe-y being sweet.  So the first time I tried cooking butternut squash, I didn't like it.  Too sweet!  But Martha Stewart keeps putting squash recipes on Pinterest so I thought I would try this more savory than sweet interpretation of her recipe.

1 butternut squash, cubbed
1 large onion, chopped
2 ears of corn
2 cups vegetable stock
.5 cup cream
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp smoked paprika
a pinch of red pepper flakes
salt & pepper

1.  Brown butter in a large pot.  Add onions and squash, cook on medium-high heat for eight minutes.  Add vegetable stock, paprika, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
2.  Carefully pour stock/onion/squash mixture into blender and pulse until smooth.  Pour back into pot, add corn and cream and simmer for five additional minutes.  Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of paprika.



Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...