Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Fried Arts on a Cake - total time 25 minutes


So the whole food truck idea has been around forever, of course.  But in recent years it has become so popular, it is kind of crazy.  The idea is great, get your food to where the people are... totally makes sense.  But "gourmet" food from a truck?  I don't know.  I mean the deep fried Oreos and corn dogs make sense from a food truck... you only need a place to coat it in batter, then dunk it in a fry tank... very little prep space needed.  But some of these menus these food trucks are offering... I certainly don't envy the cooks in those trucks.  While the food may be good (great even), and the restaurant came to me instead of me going to it... it still makes me think I'm eating fair food even when it is a healthy salad.

So there is a food truck in Columbus that seems to be everywhere... art festivals, Fourth of July shindigs, even at my work.  Good things is, this food truck has vegetarian entrees too!  They may not be the healthiest meals in the world, it's nice to have an option that is packed full of vegetables, even if they were fried first.  

Any way, we got food from this food truck is called Sweet Carrot which I mentioned in a previous post.  I had "fried arts on a cake" which was a corn fritter with fried artichokes, cole slaw, and some kind of creamy sauce on top.  It was delicious!  My husband had mach and cheese with barbecued pulled pork on top, which had a cute, funny name for Art Festival, but now I forget what it was.  So I thought I would try to remake both... just haven't gotten around to the mac and cheese... that sounds like a winter meal to me.




For the corn fritter, I used my recipe.  And the fried artichokes and carrot slaw were easy!

Fried Artichokes
1 lb artichoke hearts, thawed
1 egg
1 cup bread crumbs
2 tbsp olive oil

Carrot Slaw
3 carrots, shredded
1 tsp vinegar
1 tbsp mayo
salt and pepper

1.  Shred carrots.  Mix carrots, vinegar, mayo, salt, and pepper in medium mixing bowl and set aside.
2.  Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat.  Dip each artichoke heart into egg and then bread crumbs.  Place it in the hot oil.  Fry for about 3 minutes and flip.
3.  Layer the corn fritter, then fried artichokes, and carrot slaw.  Top with some green onions and enjoy!







Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...