Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Veggie Stir Fry - total time 25 minutes


A stir fry is a great way to get a lot of veggies (and a lot of variety) into one meal really quick.  And you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand really.  I always have garlic and onions in my pantry (well, sitting in a basket on my counter) and always have a bag of carrots for snacking, juicing, and cooking (I love carrots!  Eating a lot of them will give you skin a healthy glow and keep your eyes in tip top shape.).  I noticed at the grocery store that snow peas were starting to come in season, which always makes me think of stir frying.  So I gathered up my veggies, heated up my wok, and started chopping.

2 tbsp sesame oil, divided
3 tbsp soy sauce, divided
1 cup soba noodles or brown rice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion
variety of chopped veggies

1.  Cook soba noodles or rice according to package instructions.  While your grain is cooking, heat up 1 tbsp of sesame oil in wok or large pan.  Saute garlic for 1 minute.  Add vegetables and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and cook any where from five to 15 minutes until desired tenderness (I cooked for 12 minutes).
2.  Add remaining soy sauce and sesame oil to noodles/rice to flavor.  You can either serve your veggies on top of a bed of noodles/rice or add the grains to the wok to get everything combined.


Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...