Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

40 Day Vegetarian Challenge

16 easy vegetarian recipes


Yesterday was Mardi Gras, which means today is Ash Wednesday the start of Lenten season.  It is customary to give up something or even fast for the 40 day period prior to Easter Sunday.  I am giving up meat again this year.  

So here'e the 40 day vegetarian challenge!  Not only am I going vegetarian, but I am doing a different meal for dinner all 40 nights.  There is a common misconception that there isn't a lot of variety in vegetarian meal planning, but that is not true at all.  It is even easier to be vegetarian in the summer when so many vegetables are in season.  So I have started compiling my list of recipes for my challenge which include 16 or my favorite (links below) as well as 16 I have been meaning to make (list below the links).  That only leave 8 recipes I still need to think about!

I hope you'll join me in this challenge or at least try out some of these recipes!

Red Pepper Latkes
Tortellini Soup
Stuffed Shells

Other vegetarian recipes I plan to try...
Breakfast Hot Pockets
Vegetarian Lasagna Roll Ups
Tomato Parm Soup
Veggie Fajita Quesadillas
Baked Mac and Cheese
Pesto Baked Spaghetti
Homemade Gnocchi
Vegetarian Burritos
Spinach and Cheese Manicotti
Carrot Soup
Veggie Burgers
Avocado Hummus with Homemade Pita Bread
Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
Egg Curry with Rice
Root Vegetable Gratin
Asparagus Soup with Poached Egg
Broccoli and Goat Cheese Souffle Yum

1 comment:

  1. I eat vegetarian year round...so it's great to find some fresh new recipes. Thanks....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...