Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Asparagus Frittata - total time 30 minutes


When I found the local produce options on my Green Bean delivery account, the only thing available was asparagus... so of course I got some for my bin.  Something about Spring makes me want to cook asparagus all of the time!  There are other vegetables in season, but asparagus has such a short window that you want to savor the moment as often as possible before the tender stalks become tough and woody.

I was planning to make this frittata last week (since I had it on my menu plan)... but my husband vetoed it calling it 'egg pie'.  That's okay, more for me, because he really missed out on this one!  While a frittata is kind of like an omelet... maybe it is the roasted asparagus or the broiled finish, but it is so much better.


1 bunch of asparagus
6 eggs
2 tbsp cream
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
.25 cup shredded white cheese (I used white cheddar)
rosemary
salt and pepper

1.  Roast asparagus in a dry cast iron skillet for about 5 minutes on medium heat (shift asparagus around to avoid burning).  Remove asparagus and set aside.  Add butter and chopped onions, cook for 2 minutes.
2.  While onions cook, whisk together six eggs, cream, lemon juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper.  Pour egg mixture over the cooked onions.  Add asparagus, then cheese.  Cook for 5 minutes, or until egg is mostly set.
3.  Turn on broiler and finish cooking eggs under broiler for 3 minutes.  Enjoy!




Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...