Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps - total time 30 minutes


When I was doing my 40 Day Vegetarian Challenge I had some tofu lettuce wraps when we went out to eat for my birthday and Valentine's Day.  I have been meaning to replicate the dish for a while now.  After getting some beautiful green leaf lettuce in my CSA delivery, I decided this week was the week to try!

I don't know what it is about tofu... everyone seems scared of it!  It's just soybeans!  I know I pop soybeans like candy at sushi restaurants as edamame.  And soy is used in so many of our everyday food items as a thickening agent or for added protein.  But even knowing all of this, I was a little nervous about cooking it myself.  I know tofu can be delicious, but I figured it took years of trial and error to be good at cooking tofu.  Turns out, you just need to get it in a pan and it is hard to go wrong!

So I knew for these lettuce wraps, I wanted soy sauce to flavor the tofu, but that would not be enough.  Add some broccoli and cashews and you really got something.  Your carnivores and tofu haters will forget this meal doesn't have meat because they will be gobbling these Asian tacos too quickly to remember!


1 pack firm tofu, drained and pat dry
1 medium head of broccoli, chopped
.5 cup cashews
.25 cup bean sprouts
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 green onion
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
6 large lettuce leaves

1.  Heat oil in pan over medium heat.  Drain tofu, squeeze, and pat dry with paper towels. Saute garlic and green onions for one minute.
2.  Add tofu and soy sauce to pan, cook for 5 minutes.  Add broccoli and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.  Add cashews and bean sprouts, toss together, and remove from heat.
3.  Scoop about half a cup of tofu mixture into each lettuce leave.  Eat like a taco!







sqDSC03308
Yum

1 comment:

  1. Hello Alley, I was searching for Tofu dishes, thanks for sharing this awesome recipe. I will definitely try this!! You can try this SEO Recipe Tool for formatting recipe and adding microdata for SEO.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...