I'm finishing off my holiday baking today while the weather is a little dreary. Of course that involves more cookies, yum!
These Oreo cookie bars are kind of like taking a few Oreos and making a giant one, but the cookie part is more like an Oreo Truffle. So, if you like Oreos, this cookie is for you! It is so rich, I haven't been able to finish one yet. My husband, on the other hand, has had no trouble and sometimes gets a second!
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
.5 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
.5 cup cocoa powder
1 cup flour
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp butter
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Roughly crush Oreos in mixer, remove, and set aside.
2. Whip butter in mixer, add sugars, and cream together. Add eggs, vanilla, and salt and continue to mix slowly. Add cocoa powder. Add flour. Add crushed Oreos back to the mix.
3. Stir in chocolate chips with a spatula or spoon. Refrigerate dough for at least an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread dough in parchment lined casserole dish and bake for 18 minutes.
5. While cookie is baking, warm condensed milk and butter in a double boiler. Add in white chocolate chips, remove from heat, and whisk together. This can take 2-5 minutes depending on the chocolate.
6. Allow cookie to cool for 10 minutes, then pour "frosting" over cookie, and add sprinkles (if desired). Refrigerate for 10 minutes for the "frosting" to set then cut into squares.