Nutella Stuffed Cookies - total time 1.5 hours
OMG! I looove chocolate chip cookies! I also love Nutella! I have made Nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies before and they were delicious... but really messy. And then I saw Izy's way to stuff her chocolate cookies with caramel and I realized she had something. I love this thumb print method... it keeps your hands clean and the Nutella stays in the center of the cookie... mmm...
So, I made these a couple weeks ago. I am usually making baked goods for a special event or to bring into work. In this case, we just really wanted some cookies at home. I ended up making about ten cookies at a time and leaving the dough in the fridge for later. That meant fresh, homemade cookies straight from the oven every other night... now that's how you make a girl happy!
1 cup butter
3 cups flour
.5 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 tsp salt
1 cup Nutella
1. Beat butter in your mixer until it starts appear whipped. Add in sugars.
2. Add vanilla and eggs into mixer and blend slower. Add baking soda and salt. Start adding a small amount of flour at a time allowing the blender to completely incorporate until adding more flour.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips, wrap in plastic, and allow the dough to cool in refrigerator for at least one hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into balls about the size of a ping pong ball. Make a thumb print in the dough to create a pocket for the Nutella. Spoon Nutella into the thumb print and top with flatten piece of cookie dough and press to seal.
5. Bake for about 11 minutes or until cookies start to brown on top. Enjoy warm or room temperature, either way there is gooey goodness inside!