Thankfully, we have several months of Spring and Summer to enjoy before those drinks are back on the menu board. So until then, we'll have to settle... hmmm, not the right word... devour some salted caramel mocha brownies instead!
They are the perfect texture, somewhere between a dense cake and fudge. And gooey... those caramel pockets are sooo good!
1 cup dark chocolate chips
.75 cup butter
.5 cup brown sugar
.5 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tbsp baking powder
.5 cup cocoa powder
1 VIA instant coffee
.75 cup flour
.5 cup caramel sauce
1 tbsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt chocolate in double boiler (metal or glass bowl over pot with a small amount of simmering water). Melt in butter, add both sugars, stir until dissolved, and remove from heat.
2. When chocolate has cooled a bit (5 minutes) add in both eggs and whisk together. Stir in vanilla and transfer to a larger mixing bowl.
3. Mix in the baking powder, instant coffee, and cocoa powder. Stir in a little bit of flour at a time until well combined.
4. Line casserole dish with parchment paper and pour half of the batter into the dish. Dollop half of the caramel and sprinkle salt. Pour remaining batter on top and then dollop the remaining caramel and sprinkle the remaining salt.
5. Bake for 40 minutes and let rest (the caramel gets really hot!). Pop the brownies out with the parchment paper and cut them up. Enjoy!