Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Weekly Menu

Brrr... I guess it is officially Fall now.  With the first frost this morning, I was busy harvesting the remaining peppers and tomatoes today.  The process is both sad (I don't want summer to be over) and a relief (although I don't put that much effort into the garden after Spring).  I still have some lettuce and herbs in the garden that will survive until the snow comes.

With Fall comes squash; butternut, acorn, spaghetti, pumpkin, and so many more.  We went to 101 Beer Kitchen for dinner on Saturday and they had a butternut squash soup topped with pumpkin seeds, creme fraiche, and duck confit.  It had a little bit of a kick to it, but very good and perfect fro a cold Fall night.  We also tried out some new pierogies which were filled with a sweet cheese.  Although I have a crazy sweet tooth, but sweet and savory usually a no-go on my plate.  They were good, so I will try another flavor of theirs in the future, just not the sweet cheese one...

garden habaneros garden peppers 
101 beer kitchen 101 beer kitchen 
babushkas pierogies babushkas pierogies 

If you need help planning meals during the Fall season, checkout my perfect Fall meal lineup complete with grocery list here.  But for this week, here is my meal plan, what's yours?

pizza night
tortellini soup
sausage stuffed acorn squash with brussel sprouts
spaghetti squash and meatballs
fish tacos and broccoli

Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...