What to do...
1. Lancaster kicks off its annual Lancaster Festival today and the music, art, and community continues through next weekend. Go on Friday to participate in the Artwalk too.
2. Grab a plain white tee and a tutu, then run, don't walk, to the Columbus Color Run on Saturday. You'll be plenty colorful at the finish line!
3. Jazz and ribs... need I say more? We always mark our calendars for this weekend... Jazz and Rib Fest sets up downtown for some good eats and cool tunes on this hot summer weekend.
4. If you need a new fur baby in your life, you're in luck. This Saturday all of the local animal shelters are teaming up with a Clear the Shelters adoption event where your new best friend will only cost you $20.
5. The Franklin County Fair technically started last weekend, but it runs through Saturday, don't miss out on some good midwestern fun at this nearly century-old tradition (demolition derby is on Saturday at 7pm).
6. Seeking air conditioning or maybe shelter from a pop up thunderstorm? Tuck away into the downtown Hyatt for Pulpfest. Think Comic Con for pulp fiction.
7. Start your Sunday funday with some brewga, yoga at a brewery! Head over to Zauber, stretch it out, and stick around for some coffee, brunch, and brews of course.
8. Test your volleyball skills at Flannagan's Chaos Beach Volleyball Tourney all day on Sunday. Enjoy the pool, the sand, the drinks...
Where to eat...
Finish out Restaurant Week with a bang and head to as many of the participating restaurants as humanly possible!
Where to drink...
Actual Brewing is hosting a game-a-thon where a dollar from every beer and 10% of the food truck sales are donated back to Nationwide Children's Hospital, so drink for a cause while having fun!