A cupcake that is just like the drink. Guinness, whiskey, and Baileys are all used to make these moist, decedent treat. This is going to make about 60 little cupcakes (don't worry, they will all disappear).
.75 cup Guinness
.75 cup butter
.5 cup cocoa powder
2.25 cups all-purpose flour
1.5 cups granulated sugar
1.5 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoons salt
.66 cup sour cream
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips
.5 cup heavy cream
1 shot Irish whiskey
1.5 cups butter
3.5 cups powdered sugar
2 shots Baileys
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whip butter and sugar in mixer. Add sour cream, and eggs and combine slowly. Add cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and stir until everything is combined.
2. Add Guinness to batter, the batter will be 'soupy'. Add one cup of flour at a time continue to combine together. Once everything is fully combined, scoop into cupcake tins (with cupcake liners). Put in oven for 15 minutes.
3. While cupcakes are baking, whip butter for frosting in mixer. Once butter is nice and whipped, alternate adding one cup of powdered sugar and one shot of Baileys (ending on powdered sugar).
4. Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler (or in microwave). Once melted, add cream and whiskey. Stir to combine. Once cupcakes have cooled for a few minutes, you can dip top of cupcakes in the ganache or carve out a small dip into each cupcake (I used a small measuring spoon) and add ganache as a sweet surprise when you bite in.
6. Top cupcakes with frosting and enjoy!