Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Creamy Squash Casserole - total time 40 minutes


I wanted make a casserole using as many things from my CSA delivery as possible.  After looking through a few different casserole recipes, I just started combining some of my favorite flavors.  Squash, onions, and spinach came from my CSA and the parsley came from my backyard.  Summer time is delicious!

2 cup summer squash, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 pound chicken breast
1 cup spinach
1 cup rice - I used two kinds because I only had a half cup of red rice left
2 garlic cloves, diced
.333 cup cream cheese
.333 cup cream fraiche or sour cream
.5 cup shredded white cheese
1 tbsp butter
.25 cup shredded parm
fresh parsley
salt & pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook rice according to package.  Saute the squash in a pan with butter, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. 
2.  After the squash is cooked, move pan contents into a large mixing bowl.  Add chicken to pan to cook.  Add cream cheese, cream fraiche, and shredded cheese to bowl.  The warmth of the cooked squash will help melt the cream cheese to make sure it is well distributed.  Add cooked rice and cooked chicken (chopped) to the bowl as they finish (my rice finished first).  Add chopped spinach and stir until well combined.
3.  Transfer mixture to casserole dish, top with shredded parm.  Put in the oven for 25 minutes.  Top with parsley and serve!



Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...