Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Something From Nothing - Growing Potatoes

Back in February, a few of our potatoes had started to grow roots.  Since they were organic, I thought there was a chance they could grow.  I still used the good sections of the potatoes in a stew and put the other pieces in a pot that had herbs in it last season.  I watered it maybe every week, then put it outside and watered it even less often.  Today I dumped the pot over and there were potatoes growing inside!  Not a ton of potatoes, but considering the conditions... I was still happy with the result!  It gives me hope for my blue potatoes that had longer roots, got better dirt, and were planted during warmer weather.

Potatoes planted back in February.

The plant grew and there were only a couple flowers.

Spilling out the potato pot and finding several buttery potatoes!

Blue potatoes plant two months later.  Looking good!  I took the dirt from the first potato pot and mounded it in the blue potato pot.  Can't wait for it to start blooming!
Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...