Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms - 35 minutes


It seems like mushrooms are a love it or hate it kind of food.  I'll put myself in the "hate it" group, but my husband is definitely on the "love it" side.  I can't get over the texture.  But he loves it on pizza, in pastas, on sandwiches, pretty much on everything... except anything that I cook, since I won't eat them.

These crimini mushrooms were available in our Green BEAN Delivery order, so I thought I would give them another shot.  I think it is good to occasionally try the foods you think you hate because your tastes can change.  (Remember the first time you drank beer or wine?  If you never tried it again, you probably wouldn't be drinking it now!)

Well, I still hate mushrooms.  But my husband enjoyed these stuffed mushrooms.  So if you're in the "love it" group, or even if you're in the "hate it" group like me... give this recipe a try!

20 mushrooms
1 cup cream cheese
1 cup artichokes, chopped
1 cup parm, shredded
1 small shallot, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
.5 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp lemon balm, minced
salt and pepper

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Remove stems from mushrooms and brush off any dirt.
2.  Mix together cream cheese, artichokes, parm, shallot, lemon balm, salt, and pepper together in small mixing bowl.  Stuff about one tablespoon of mixture in each mushroom, top with bread crumbs, spray with olive oil, and place in casserole dish.
3.  Bake for 20 minutes, then broil for two minutes to toast the bread crumbs.




Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...