Can't blame him... he is usually eating lunch by the time I'm finishing my morning coffee. That's a long time to wait between meals.
So, the dinner goal is often... the faster the better! Those 8pm dinners don't work when he is going to bed right after.
This recipe is perfect for a quick dinner. And it tastes sooo good too! Not much of a mess to clean up afterward either (always a winner in my book). Salmon and a cream sauce go hand-in-hand, quite delectable. The broccoli gives it a slight crunch for texture. And the herbs brighten the dish since cream sauces can feel a little heavy. Yum! I'm ready for a second serving!
2 cups pasta (bowties)
1 cup broccoli, chopped
2 salmon fillets (8-10 oz)
.5 cup cream
.25 cup parm
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
5 basil leaves, shredded
same amount for lemon herb (I used lemon verbena) or 1 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
1. Heat pan to medium heat. Add olive oil and salmon fillets. Sprinkle salt and pepper on salmon and cook for about 3 minutes each side (doesn't need to be fully cooked, because it will go back in the pan later). Add broccoli to pan to cook a bit in the olive oil.
2. Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
3. Remove salmon and broccoli and set aside. Add additional olive oil to pan if needed. Cook minced garlic alone for one minute. Slowly add room temperature cream to pan, whisking it into the oil and garlic. Add the parm and continue whisking. Don't worry, the sauce will thicken up.
4. Add pasta to pan and coat the pasta with the cream sauce. Chunk up the salmon and add to the pan along with the broccoli. Stir and let it come together in the pan for 3 minutes.
5. Add most of your herbs (reserving some to top each serving) to the pan and stir. Plate, top with remaining herbs, and serve!