Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Weekly Menu

We're finally getting back into the swing of things after vacation... took a little longer than it should have!

I have never been a big fan of cauliflower.  When it is raw, I think the texture is really strange.  And then when I have had it cooked in the past, it was over-cooked (but I didn't know) and was pretty mushy.  After watching an episode of Guy's Big Bite last week, I decided to give cauliflower another chance... this time in taco form.  They turned out really good!  Much better than what I was expecting.  Even my husband who was really hoping for chicken in his tacos thought the cauliflower tacos were great!  So, next time, I'll take pictures and post the recipe.  :)


purple cauliflower vegetarian cauliflower tacos

This weekend we celebrated my husband's birthday, so there was a lot of going out to some of his favorite restaurants... and I think we're both ready to eat more at home.  So here are a few pictures from around town (El Vaquero is open in Pickerington!  Our usual Mexican restaurants have all changed ownership over time, so this is perfect.)

matt the millers blood orange martini temperance row brewing flight
el vaquero pickerington

Alright, this week's meal plan...

lobster mac and cheese
coq au riesling and brussel sprouts
grilled asparagus with poached egg and crispy potatoes
fish tacos
pizza (for pi day)

What are you making this week?

Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...