8 Things to Do in Cbus (Memorial Day Weekend!)
Memorial Day weekend is known as the "unofficial" start of summer... but here in Columbus, it is going to feel like summer started already with temps in the mid 80s! Some of you might be jet setting for the weekend and others might be entertaining guests. So in between the cookouts and pool parties, here are eight things to do around Cbus this weekend.
What to do...
1. The Trout Club in Newark has been updated and is reopening its doors this weekend and celebrating all weekend! Live music, good food, and fireworks. It's finally warm enough for some pool time too. :)
2. Asian Festival is all weekend, mostly centered around the Franklin Park area (so check out the giant origami statues) and is also downtown on the Scioto River for dragonboat racing.
3. Hoping to burn some calories by just watching the Reebok Crossfit Games Central Regionals at the convention center all weekend.
4. Step back in time by going to Ohio Village's opening day with Maypole dancing, old-timey baseball, ice cream making, and... Sweet Carrot food truck?
5. Have you ever wanted to go sailing before? Well, grab your boat shoes and head over to Hoover reservoir for a free sailboat ride on Saturday to kick off sailing season.
6. Register to run or walk in the PetPromise Rescue Run 5k and bring your pup with you.
7. Ready for an over-the-top party? Get your whites out and dance with drag queens at Axis' White Party 2016.
8. The Memorial Tournament starts on Monday, so beware of rain, but that never gets in the way of a good time!
Where to eat...
Well, you probably have some cookouts planned, but for when you don't, check out one of the three best patios in Columbus to enjoy the weather and some real good food too; Barcelona, Lindey's, and Milestone 229.
Where to drink...
To continue with the patio theme, how about the best patios for drinking? Brazenhead (Grandview), Union, and Woodland's Tavern.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend!!! Yum