8 Things to Do in Cbus This Weekend
Hope you have made plans and reservations for Mother's Day! As for the rest of the weekend, here are a couple things to do around Columbus...
What to do...
1. BalletMet will be presenting Sleeping Beauty with five shows this weekend at the Ohio Theater. Might be a good event to take your mom to?
2. Plan a backpacking adventure or just check out the grand opening and ribbon cutting for the new Scioto Grove metropark outside of Grove City.
3. Get away from the city and go to the Granville Barn Hop. Four shops inside old barns all within a few miles for a vintage shopping experience.
4. Saturday is free comic book day! Check out the selection at six participating comic book stores around Columbus.
5. Test your inner beast mode by participating in the Reebok Spartan Race at the Wilds. Chose either the five or 14 miler with lots of obstacles and fun!
6. It's Derby weekend! Celebrate with Columbus Social Club's derby party at Rockmill Brewing on Saturday 2-7pm. There will be games, live music, and a pig roast. Don't forget to wear a crazy hat!
7. Need a new bag to take to the derby party? Check out Purses and Pearls, a fundraiser for Friends of the Shelter... you might find a new friend to take home with you while you're there. :)
8. Take your mom out for brunch and then head over to Franklin Park for tea in the garden and a dance performance by CoMo Dance. Head inside afterward to check out Blooms and Butterflies, one of my favorite annual exhibits at the conservatory!
Where to eat...
Go to the newest restaurant in town, Balboa in Grandview. So-Cal flavor with a huge patio... this sounds like a great summer hangout.
Where to drink...
Actual Brewing is celebrating their third anniversary with beer releases! This quaint little brewery by the airport is a little hard to find, but once you're there, pick up a board game, order food from the truck, and get a few brews.