1. It always feels like the end of summer when the Ohio State Fair comes around, but this heat says summer isn't over yet. Ride the rides, play the carnival games, eat the fried foods, pet the farm animals, see the butter cow... it only happens once a year.
2. Pack your sunscreen and kilt for Dublin's Irish Fest going on all weekend. Enjoy the cute, curly haired dancers, Irish folk and rock music, giant Irish wolfhounds, Irish food and drink, and all other things Irish.
3. Need a break from the heat? Get to the Ohio Theater for CAPA's summer movie series... two of my favorite movies this weekend... the Princess Bride on Friday and the Wizard of Oz on Saturday... only $4!
4. Another indoor option is taking advantage of this weekend's tax free holiday. Plenty of places to shop; Easton, the new outlets, local shops. Here are the rules for what counts toward your tax free shopping spree.
5. Get up early on Saturday for some good clean... run! The bubble run is here! Put in the work before it gets too hot and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
6. Want bubbles in your glass instead of on the street? How about the Rock'n'Hop 5k and quarter marathon where you end up on a hops farm with local beer. There is even a one mile run, that sounds more my speed.
7. It's the first weekend of the month, so it's time for a gallery hop! Check out this month's line up and make sure to stop by the Pizzuti collection for free (earlier on Saturday with the fam or later with some OYO cocktails).
8. Who better to throw a grand opening party than a party planning store?! Surprise is opening on Saturday with a beach party, cocktails, swag bags, and a party bus!
Where to eat...
Ready for a luau? I mean it is hot enough for one! Check out Grass Skirt Tiki Room for the feast of the Tiki gods for a delicious luau tropical buffet, live music, and hot rods.
Where to drink...
Soak up the summer sun while sampling tons of local and other craft beers at the Summer Beer Fest at Express Live on Saturday (after party at the Pint House). Not a beer fan? Try Brother's Drake for National Mead Day instead!