After some much needed rain last weekend (that ruined a lot of plans), this weekend's forecast is looking a little nicer. Still... pack the umbrella while you head out to these fun things to do around town this weekend...
What to do...
1. One of Broadway's most successful musicals comes to Columbus this week! Get your tickets to see Wicked ASAP before they sell out!
2. Love shopping around the Short North but hate spending your whole paycheck? It's the end of summer sale and 32 of your favorite stores are participating! So grab a coffee at One Line and get a retail therapy session started while shopping local.
3. It's the seventh year for CrestFest, a community party in Clintonville. Totally family friendly with kids activities, live music on two stages, food trucks, and a scavenger hunt quest/race around Clintonville!
4. When you're the crossroads of America, you get a lot of cool benefits (easy road trips, test markets, better economy), but it comes with the bad too... as we have scene with drug trafficking and heroin overdoses. Sign up to volunteer at Hope Over Heroin on Friday or Saturday where people who need help can come get what they truly need.
5. Take your best friend (the one with fur and four legs) to Wag Fest at Prairie Oaks Metro Park to celebrate the dog days of summer. Did someone say... treats?!?
6. Run through the original site of our beautiful city, Franklinton, and celebrate with some great beer at the finish line with the Columbus Beer Run Saturday afternoon.
7. Support some local business that are out to change the world for the better. Change Fest is happening on Saturday at McFerson Commons with a great local band lineup.
8. Stay up all night long at COSI! You may have been to a COSI After Dark event in the past, but this is a bit different. Starting right after gen admission closes down, the fun gets started with a cash bar, planetarium, access to Game Masters, movies on the NatGeo screen, Adventure land and more... all included... all night!
Where to drink...
Head over to Granview for some easy summer drinking at the Summer Session! Food trucks, live music and more... and root beer floats for the DDs. :)
Where to eat...
It's a little bit of a drive, but Hardscrabble Farms in Delaware is hosting the Benefit in the Barn fundraiser for the Hunger Alliance. Enjoy dinner, local beer and wine, and a performance by the Columbus Symphony.