8 Things to Do in Cbus This Weekend
After a pretty hot and humid summer, things are starting to cool down (well, sort of) in the capital city. This weekend is supposed to be puffy white clouds, some sun, and low humidity... pretty perfect! Enjoy the last few weekends of summer before fall officially sets in. Here is this weekend's list of things to do around town...
What to do...
1. Go to the zoo after hours, drink craft beers, and relive the 90s by listening to Smashmouth perform at Brew with the Zoo Friday night.
2. A little bit of hip hop a little bit of techno... get your tickets to Breakaway Festival at the fairground with names like Waka Floka Flame, Benny Benassi, and Ty Dolla Sign it promises to be a good time.
3. Have you ever had Egyptian food? This weekend is perfect for taking your tastebuds on a trip to the 22nd annual Egyptian Festival.
4. Cheer on the Crew SC against the San Jose Earthquakes, but first, get ten tastings of craft beer including several local breweries for the Crew's Craft Beer Festival on Saturday.
5. Getting into the fall mood? How about some apple picking? It is Lynd's Fruit farm's first u-pick weekend and the gala apples are ready. If you're a fan of honey crisp, head over to Cherryhawk Farms.
6. After a day of apple picking, grab a blanket and some movie snacks to watch Wall-E under the stars at Sharon Woods Saturday night.
7. Support all things Ohio at Easton this weekend at the Ohio Proud Summer Fest. Get your local produce, baked goods, and crafts all in one place.
8. It's going to be beautiful this weekend, so get outside and stretch it out with Native Cold Press presenting Yoga on the Green on Saturday or start your Sunday Funday off right with some yoga in the park, Goodale Park.
Where to drink...
Ill Mannered brewing is celebrating their one year anniversary, join the party at their taproom on Saturday.
Where to eat...
Check out the newest restaurant opening in Cbus, Hadley's, on South Fourth Street. If you're there on Saturday, stick around for the 4th & Main BBQ Block Party with BBQ and food trucks galore (and a half-k... not a half marathon, but a half kilometer... you can do it!).