Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

First Week's Menu

Part of the week in a day planning is picking recipes for the week and then grocery shopping based on those recipes.  It makes grocery shopping easier because you don't end up standing in an isle trying to think of what you have, what you don't, and what you might want to eat that week.  It also helps answer the 'what do you want for dinner?' question that is inevitable every night.

I have a recipe binder full of recipes cut out of cooking magazines (I like to have pictures so I know what it is supposed to look like).  I try to pick out two vegetarian recipes, at least one seafood, one chicken recipe, and lately a soup.

Here is this week's recipe selections!

~Clam Chowder
~Spinach and Artichoke Casserole
~Soba Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables
~Seafood Enchiladas
~Deviled Crab Risotto Milanese

So... I picked a lot of seafood for the first week.  Especially since I picked out a lunch recipe this week and it is Smoked Salmon Quesadillas with Avocado Salsa.  Oops!

Clams in a pot of clam juice and chardonnay (the recipe only calls for a half cup of chardonnay, but we had to finish the bottle).  ;o)


They all opened!  Not sure if bad, unopened clams are common... but I am glad mine were all good!

Clams are not very pretty.

But clams in soup are good and delicious!  I mean, in chow-dah!  Yum!
Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...