Casseroles are nice for weekday dinners because there is some work upfront, but then you can relax while it bakes. It works as an entree or a side, add more veggies and omit the turkey to make it vegetarian.
1 cup risotto rice
12 oz. chopped turkey breast
1 chopped bell pepper
.333 cup chopped onion
3 cups chopped spinach
10 oz. chopped artichoke hearts
.75 shredded mozzarella cheese
.5 cup panko bread crumbs
.25 grated parmesan
16 oz. alfredo sauce - butter, chopped onion, flour, milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Prepare rice according to package.
3. Add oil to pan, cook turkey, peppers, and onions for ten minutes.
4. In a sauce pot, melt butter, add chopped onions, saute for three minutes. Add two table spoons of flour while constantly stirring. Add 1.5 cups of milk slowly while stirring. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, simmer for five minutes or until it thickens to sauce.
5. Mix turkey, peppers, onions, rice, spinach, artichokes, alfredo sauce, and shredded cheese together in a bowl. Transfer to casserole dish. Sprinkle panko and parmesan over top, spray carefully with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes.Yum