Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Season of Lent

So, today is the first day of Lent and I gave up the same thing I gave up last year, meat (including fish).  Now I need to come up with 40 vegetarian recipes that I can easily add meat to for my husband!

Since I gave up meat for Lent last year and also have done the 'vegan until dinner' Food Matters diet concept, I have been asked how I get enough protein.  I frequently drink smoothies with whey protein for breakfast when I have cut out meat, but I stumbled upon this article about the different kinds of vegetarian proteins...

http://herbivoracious.com/2012/01/how-do-you-get-your-protein-is-vegetarian-protein-a-problem.html

For Fat Tuesday (aka Mardi Gras), I made these delicious pretzel bun sandwiches...
There isn't really a recipe to share... just enjoyed these mini sandwiches pretty much every day last week too.  Toast these little buns up with turkey and cheese, then add tomato and spinach with a soup or salad for a delicious lunch.  Pretzel buns are delicious!
Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...