The Memorial Tournament is in town... and of course that means rain is coming. Avoid the rain drops and the traffic headache and make some new plans...
What to do...
1. If you missed ColumBEST last week, here's another chance to eat and drink some of the best in Columbus at Franklin Park Conservatory at their Tastings off the Terrace this Thursday.
2. The Bogey Inn is celebrating the Memorial Tournament with 90s tributes all week long. Get there Friday to see Shucking Bubba Deluxe.
3. Rise and slay Saturday morning with a popup workout Queen Bey would approve of, Beyfit at Nelson Park.
4. Warmer weather means fresh fruits and veggies are just waiting for you at your local farmers market. Check out Worthington, Grandville, Clintonville, Grove City, or Canal Winchester's farmers markets on Saturday.
5. Head for the hills... Hocking Hills for an entire weekend of indie rock and country music at Nelsonville Music Festival.
6. While you're just south of Columbus, pick up some glow sticks and go on the season's first Glow Float down the Hocking River, then enjoy some bluegrass music around the bonfire.
7. All dressed up and no where to go? Get tickets to the opera, La Traviata, performed at the Southern Theater.
8. Get on your bike and ride! The Pride Bicycle ride is happening at 10am on Sunday and afterward you'll be treated to brunch and Pattycake cookies... mmm.
Where to eat...
Did you hear? Japanese Steakhouse in the Short North is closing. :( Get in one last culinary show before they shut their doors.
Where to drink...
Meet the local brew masters at Brewcadia Sunday afternoon for the 21st annual Afternoon with the Brewers. Enjoy last year's homebrew winner while setting the high score on some arcade games.Yum