It's also Father's Day this weekend, so grab your dad and make some memories!
What to do...
1. Of course, show your support for Orlando and the community here in Columbus by checking out some of the Pride festivities. Don't miss the parade, be sure to catch a drag competition on the drag stage, and Saturday's activity lineup includes music, comedy, and performances. There will be significantly increased security, so you can feel safe.
2. There are four stages at the Creekside Blues & Jazz festival. Feel transported to New Orleans' Frenchmen Street without getting on a plane and then learn a couple swing moves.
3. Picnic with the Pops starts this Friday! Grab a blanket, a picnic dinner, and watch the symphony's tribute to David Bowie by the moonlight. Check out the rest of this seasons lineup (including Nelly!) here.
4. Have you ever wanted to try Tai Chi? Those who practice always appear so zen while they make their precise moves under the shade of a tree. Here's your chance to do just that with Tai Chi in the Garden at Inniswood Metro Park on Saturday morning.
5. Get over to Franklinton for a Hip Hop and House Music patio party at Rehab Tavern. It may look a little shady when you're parking by abandon warehouses, but it will definitely be a good time Saturday afternoon.
6. Nerds unite! Just kidding, anyone can play at Origins Game Fair going on all weekend at the Convention Center. Might be some good people watching moments with the cosplay costume contest.
7. Into country music? You have choices this weekend! Get tickets to Buckeye Country Superfest at the Horseshoe, or for a little calmer, less crowded option, the Washboard Music Festival in Logan.
8. The weather will be perfect to catch a double feature at the drive-in! South drive-in (just south of downtown) is showing Finding Dory and Alice Through the Looking Glass this weekend... so pack up the kids or go with your friends... and enjoy two movies for the price of one outside under the stars!
Honorable mention for the Picasso exhibit opening at the Columbus Museum of Art this week... you'll be able to check it out until September, but don't miss it!
Where to eat...
Frequently name the best zoo in the country, Columbus Zoo is having their annual fundraiser and chance to see the zoo with a drink and no strollers, Zoofari! Sample all of the the seemingly endless list of restaurants participating this year.
Where to drink...
Columbus has really become quite the cycling community with Pelotonia, clear bike lanes all over the city, and Tour de Grandview's 23rd race happening this Friday. While most of us are not qualified to race in the event, cheer on the cyclist, listen to live music, and... drink in the streets because you can. Ohio Taproom and Zauber will be pouring craft beers all night!