Breakfast Cups - total time 40 minutes
I love the idea of cooking in individual serving sizes. It is so easy to serve and then get seconds and thirds. These are also great to make on a Sunday and enjoy throughout the week. You get a savory breakfast (the whole deal; potato, eggs, and cheese) and all you have to do is warm it up in the toaster oven or microwave.
2 large potatoes, shredded (I used Yukon Gold)
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
.5 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
.25 cup sour cream
2 green onions
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Shredded potatoes and cheese. Squeeze out excess liquid from shredded potatoes. Combine shredded potatoes, half of the shredded cheese, chopped onion, garlic, salt, and pepper into a mixing bowl.
2. Spray muffin pan with olive oil. Place a scoop of potato mixture in each muffin cup, then form into cups with fork. Bake for 12 minutes.
3. While potato cups are baking, crack open eggs into mixing bowl (optional: remove half of the egg yolks). Add salt and pepper and then whisk together with a fork.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Pour in egg mixture into each muffin cup. Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake for 18 minutes.
5. Add a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of green onions on top of each breakfast cup and serve!