Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Winter Squash Lasagna - total time 2 hours


I haven't always been a winter squash fan.  In fact, it was only a few years ago that I first tried summer squash (zucchini)... and I finally tried butternut squash last year.  Since I am trying to eat more seasonally (and I don't want to starve while trying to do so) I am trying all kinds of squash this year.  The one I used in this lasagna is a golden hubbard squash and I got it at Kroger of all places, so it should be pretty easy to find.  It is supposed to taste similar to butternut.  I liked it!  Trying new thing, especially fruits and vegetables, is always good... then you know what you like (expanding your veggie and nutrient palette) and find out what you don't like which is just as important.

1 winter squash (butternut, acorn, hubbard)
8 lasagna noodles
8 oz. ricotta cheese
.5 cup fresh mozzarella
.25 cup parm cheese
sage leaves
salt & pepper

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cut squash in half and bake for 50 minutes.  
2.  Scoop out squash into blender with bay leaves, salt, and pepper.  Blend into a puree.  Mix in half of the ricotta.  
3.  Spray bottom of casserole dish with olive oil.  Boil lasagna noodles for one minute then add two noodles to the casserole dish.  Spread a layer of the squash mixture over the noodles.  Add another two noodles.  Spread the remaining ricotta and then another two noodles.  Scoop out the remaining squash mixture and then the final layer of noodles.  The final layer is the fresh mozzarella and parm cheese.  Bake for 45 minutes.






Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...