This breakfast will leave you feeling full without weighing you down. It is savory with a touch of bacon (easily omitted to make vegetarian). And it is really easy! I love frittatas for feeding multiple people in the mornings. It is like cooking individual omlettes for everyone in one pan all at once. I also like frittatas for dinner because cold cereal for breakfast every morning really just doesn't do it for me and some times the only time you can get a real breakfast in is when the sun is going down.
1 head of broccoli/broccolini
1 small onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 slices of bacon
2 tbsp cream
.5 cup parm, shredded, divided
salt and pepper
sour cream (optional)
1. Cook bacon in cast iron skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes each side. Reserve enough bacon "grease" to coat skillet. **omit step one if making vegetarian version
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Steam broccoli for 5 minutes. Saute garlic and onions in skillet.
3. Combine six eggs in medium mixing bowl and remove half of the yolks. Add cream, salt, pepper, half of the parm and whisk together.
4. Add crumbled bacon back to skillet and pour egg mixture over the onions, garlic, and bacon. Place lightly steam broccoli into the skillet and top with remaining parm. Let everything set in the skillet for about 5 minutes.
5. Move skillet to oven and bake for 20 minutes. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.