I started this blog to record some recipes for myself and organize meal planning for the week. It's evolved into a place where I share recipes and ideas, and sometimes things I'm passionate about (other than food) find their way into posts. I posted 40 things to do in Columbus when it is cold or rainy over two years ago and it continues to be my most popular post. While I was perusing through 614Magazine the other day, I thought it might be fun to start a new blog post series listing a small collection of fun things to do in my hometown every weekend. So here is the first edition of 8 things to do in Columbus this weekend...
What to do...
1. Start your weekend off with a girls night at the Columbus Zoo playing Bingo for Designer Purses
2. Get a few friends to sign up for AIDS Walk Ohio to support a worthy cause, walk a few miles, then get some brunch at Double Comfort
3. It's time for my favorite flower to bloom and Franklin Park Conservatory has a whole show for it! The Daffodil Show is all weekend, plus you can check out the Blooms and Butterflies which opened last month.
4. Want an excuse to dress up? Head over to COSI for their annual Blast fundraiser and cocktail party with food, drinks, and live music (plus some of the exhibits are open)
5. Enjoy the spring weather and support our Columbus Crew hosting NYC FC on Saturday at 7:30
6. Grab your camera and checkout this stained glass church tour with Columbus Landmarks Foundation, Illuminated Spaces
7. Studio 35 is showing one of my favorite movies, A League of Their Own, combined with a Great Lakes beer tasting... perfect combo for Sunday Funday
8. Kick off Earth Week with The Crest Parsons by cleaning up the area and then kicking back for happy hour
Where to eat...
any of the 36 local, independent restaurants participating in Dine Originals Week
Where to drink...
Wolf's Ridge Brewery for Drafts and Crafts on Saturday
What are you doing this weekend?