It's Earth Week, so this week's things to do this weekend is a bit more green... but don't worry, there is still a bit of bacon thrown in! ;)
What to do...
1. Go to the Bacon & Bourbon grand opening of the Steam Kitchen at Little Rock Bar. Barbecue, bourbon, and cupcakes... oh my!
2. After dinner go for a walk under the light of the full moon at Blendon Woods metropark, meet at 8:30pm by the nature center
3. Clean up and head to Dublin for the Art's Council Garden Party! Mingle with new friends and place a couple bids in the silent auction while enjoying local food and drink.
4. Start early on Saturday (9am) planting trees at Three Creeks Metropark. Then stick around for a bike ride or a walk on the 25+ miles of trails.
5. After all of that work you will have earned some time at the Buckeye Bacon Bash inside the Scioto Downs starting at 4pm. If you think bacon makes everything better... this event is for you!
6. Celebrate the Earth with some music, food trucks, and fun while creating zero waste (everything will be recyclable or compostable) at the Branch Out Columbus celebration Saturday 1-10pm. While you're at it, donate a tree to their mission of planting 300,000 trees in Cbus by 2020.
7. Shop around at the Craftin' Outlaws Spring Fling inside the High Line Car House in the Brewery District. Sweet Carrot's food truck will be there, Pattycakes baked goods (that's enough to get me there!), and CD102.5 will be handing out ice cream.
8. There are still tickets available for Book of Mormon at the Ohio Theater (love that place!). Tickets are going fast and selection is limited, but there are several show times this weekend.
Where to eat...
On Saturday, Hoof Hearted is hosting a Swine and Dine event. A four-course meal using the whole hog... $35 for two, but call ahead to reserve your spot!
Where to drink...
Check out the Walrus for their grunge night on Sunday and be transported back to the 90s.