Alley's Recipe Book
Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book       Alley's Recipe Book    Alley's Recipe Book
Alley

Veggie Stromboli - total time 30 minutes


There is this place called Sarefino's at North Market in Columbus that serves up the best strombolis I've ever had.  So delicious, we get some every time, even if it is to take it home and eat later.  There are a couple must stop at vendors at North Market... I always come home with a bag full of tasty treasures after even a quick trip.  

Any way, I know I could never recreate their veggie stromboli perfectly, so I made some modification (not to improve upon their recipe, but to prevent mine from turning out soggy).  I used the same concept I did for my Italian Chicken Braid, but used most of Sarefino's ingredients (I know they use ricotta, but I have no idea how they make that work).


1 whole grain pizza crust
1.5 cups tomato sauce, slightly strained
3 garlic gloves, minced
1 cup spinach, chopped
1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
.5 cup sun dried tomatoes
1 cup fresh mozzarella, patted dry
1 egg
salt and pepper

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees with pizza stone or baking sheet inside.
2.  On a piece of parchment paper, roll out pizza dough.  Strain tomato sauce to remove some of the excess liquid.  Spread over dough and sprinkle garlic over top.  
3.  Add a layer of spinach, then mozzarella, then artichoke.  Finish it off with some sun dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
4.  Cut strips into edge of dough, about 10 strips per side depending on how long you rolled the dough.  Braid the strips down the stromboli to cover the contents, but allowing steam escape holes.  
5.  Remove pan from oven and transfer braided stromboli to pan.  Brush dough with egg wash and bake for 15 minutes or until stromboli is golden brown.  Allow to cool for five minutes before serving.





Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...